Wrong Payee shows up all the time

I have this one payee "Jerimiah " that shows up in my various charges ( used them once ) and now shows up randomly when it should not be there.
I have checked my memorized payee list and its note even there, I must have deleted it.
How do I stop this ?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you check your Renaming Rules to see if one of them is set up to rename the Payee as "Jerimiah"?  If so, delete it and it should not show up, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Herman
    Herman Member ✭✭
    OK, I deleted it. WE will see what happens
  • Boatnmaniac
    That should resolve the issue for you.  If it does not, post back here and we can do some additional troubleshooting.

• Boatnmaniac
    One other suggestion:  To be proactive on this and to help ensure other Renaming Rules are not accidentally set up, you might want to check your Preferences so they are as shown in the red box...the most important being the box for "Let me review/confirm the automatically created rules". 
    Either that or you could uncheck "Automatically create rules when I rename payees" but then you will need to manually create Renaming Rules whenever you want a new one set up.  I prefer to keep the boxes checked so I am prompted to make a decision every time Quicken suggest making a new Renaming Rule.

This discussion has been closed.