How do I transfer the full history of transactions for accounts that I just enabled for download.

Dome
Dome Member ✭✭
I have registers for multiple Morgan Stanley accounts back to 2006. When I enabled download recently it only went back to March 2020. I have a back up file with the full history.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    That's going to be up to Morgan Stanley. If you can't figure it out from their online help, maybe call customer service & ask them if it's possible.
    While it's not completely out of the question, I would be very surprised if you were able to download 15 years of transactions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Dome
    Dome Member ✭✭
    Thanks
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What kind of file is it that has the full history?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Dome
    Dome Member ✭✭
    It is a Quicken backup file from before I started the newer download.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Now I'm confused. You're saying that you had an account already set up in Quicken with 15 years worth of transactions (which I assume you had manually entered yourself), and when you enabled downloads for this account it deleted all the transactions dated prior to March 2020?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    @Dome Did you start a new Quicken file but not start from this backup file that you had? If that's the case, and it hasn't been too long, the easiest thing is probably to start over by starting a new Quicken file from the backup. How to do this will depend on which version of Quicken the backup was created in. What version was your most recent full-history backup created in?
  • Dome
    Dome Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion. I have a quicken file that I have used and kept updated since 2006. My banking accounts were always set up for download but I manually entered transactions on my Morgan Stanley investment accounts. When I enabled download on the Morgan Stanley earlier this week it now only shows transactions back to March 2020. The history of transactions back to 2006 are gone. Is there a way to use a Quicken backup file to restore just the older Morgan Stanley transactions?
  • RickO
    Just to be clear, is this what happened? You were working in a file that contained all the older transactions. Then you set the account up for download and all the older transactions disappeared? That should not happened, and my guess is that they really are still there. First thing to check is that you don't have a date filter set at the top of the register. Next make sure that when you set up downloads, you didn't create a new account in Quicken. Make sure you don't have two versions of the MS account in the sidebar, one with the old transactions and one recently set up for download. Make sure to check in the Hidden and Separate account groups.
  • Dome
    Dome Member ✭✭
    Thanks Rick. Will check some more and see if that will solve it. Really appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.