Editing all instances of a scheduled split transaction checking deposit turns it into a Bill!

Options
This really feels like a bug, or at least, poor implementation. In a checking account, scheduled (series) deposit transaction (a 'paycheck', with a deposit amount, and splits: salary (+), and deductions (-)), when I choose Edit, then Edit all instances, the dialog shows Bill, which makes the deposit a Payment!

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I can duplicate this. The dropdown at the top of the Transaction Details editing window says Bill. You can change it to Income and save it, but next time you open it, it reverts to Bill. That said, if you look in the Bills & Income tab > Income, it does properly appear there as Income. 

I agree that it's a bug, albeit not a serious one. More of just a display issue in that one window. I suggest you report it via the Help > Report a Problem menu. Or if you have the patience, call Quicken Support and report it that way.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • bob2021
    bob2021 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    > @RickO said:
    > I agree that it's a bug, albeit not a serious one.

Thank you for duplicating it.

It actually *is* a serious bug in the following circumstance. Before I describe that, you are correct that if you edit such a scheduled transaction, and perhaps do the editing in split view (and certainly if you simply 'edit all transactions' and close the dialog without making any changes), the transaction is changed to a bill, but is only a display issue.

For a 'paycheck'-type entry, which has a total deposit amount, a + split 'item' (e,g., 'salary'), and one or more - split deduction(s): Edit All Instances, change the deposit amount (in that dialog; not opening splits), it not only shows as a bill, but changes the deposit to a payment, thus creating a double-fold error in the balance!

I reported this to Quicken years ago. I expected it would have been fixed long ago.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @bob2021

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your scheduled transactions. I'd like to see about replicating this issue but am having a bit of trouble. If you wouldn't mind could I get step-by-step instructions? If I'm able to replicate it I should be able to submit a bug report for further investigation.

Please let me know once you get the chance and I'll take a look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.