How to match downloaded transaction to existing register transaction?

I'll enter a transaction on the due date into a register. Several days later, when it is processed by the bank it is downloaded.

In Quicken for Windows I have the ability to review the downloaded transactions, then match them to the transaction in the register.

In Quicken for Mac - I'm seeing two separate transactions - any clue as to how to get these transactions to match so I don't end up with two transactions (other then going back to Quicken for Windows)?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Is one of the transactions a downloaded transaction (blue dot in the status column) and the other a manually entered transaction (orange pencil in the status column)? One reason you can be not allowed to match is that the target transaction is already matched. You can turn on the Matched Status column to check this. If a transaction was auto-matched incorrectly, you can undo it by right clicking on the transaction and selecting Reject Automatic Transaction Match.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    edited October 2021
    In QMac, to manually match two transactions, simply drag and drop one of them on top of the other. If the amounts agree, they will become matched immediately. If not, you will be asked to confirm and the resulting amount will be that of the downloaded transaction.
  • TechnoJock
    TechnoJock Member ✭✭
    When I drag either one of the transactions to the top of the other I get the all-too-familiar prohibitory symbol of Zero with Line Through it. I'm running ver 6.4.2.
  • RickO
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Is one of the transactions a downloaded transaction (blue dot in the status column) and the other a manually entered transaction (orange pencil in the status column)? One reason you can be not allowed to match is that the target transaction is already matched. You can turn on the Matched Status column to check this. If a transaction was auto-matched incorrectly, you can undo it by right clicking on the transaction and selecting Reject Automatic Transaction Match.
  • TechnoJock
    TechnoJock Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help. Ironically, the transaction that was auto-matched was correct - the newly downloaded transaction is the one that has the bank/vendor short-hand/numbers. I'm thinking that perhaps since this was a recent conversion from Quicken Windows - that may be the issue. I appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.