How to customize pie chart in Quicken Mac [edited for clarity]

Options
BonnieO
BonnieO Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Hi. I'm on a MacBook Pro with the latest OS and Quicken 6.4.2 (Build 604.41752.100)

I'm trying to figure out how to customize the home page overview pie chart the way it can be done in Windows. Is that not possible yet?

For example, I want to specify a year and look at the pie chart with the category totals. I then want to be able to expand some categories as well.

Finally, I'd like to do some comparisons between them. 

If that's not doable, can you please tell me the best way to accomplish this?

Many thanks,
Bonnie
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The Quicken Mac Home screen is a bit of a relic from the original Quicken Essentials program from a decade ago which formed the core code base for the current Quicken Mac. No, it is not customizable. The developers have said they do plan to address this in the future, but where this ranks on their priority list is anyone's guess.

If you're looking for report on categories and compare them between time periods, I'd suggest using Reports rather than the home page. This won't lead you to a pie chart, but it will give you the data you're looking for. (I personally never use the Home page because I find it of little use to me, and have other ways of viewing my data.) So I'd use Transaction, Summary, and/or Comparison reports to let you look at whatever time periods you want, with whatever categories of income or expenses you want. (If you really want that data in a pie chart, you can click to Export any report to a .csv file, open it in Excel or Numbers, and create whatever graphs you want.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The Quicken Mac Home screen is a bit of a relic from the original Quicken Essentials program from a decade ago which formed the core code base for the current Quicken Mac. No, it is not customizable. The developers have said they do plan to address this in the future, but where this ranks on their priority list is anyone's guess.

If you're looking for report on categories and compare them between time periods, I'd suggest using Reports rather than the home page. This won't lead you to a pie chart, but it will give you the data you're looking for. (I personally never use the Home page because I find it of little use to me, and have other ways of viewing my data.) So I'd use Transaction, Summary, and/or Comparison reports to let you look at whatever time periods you want, with whatever categories of income or expenses you want. (If you really want that data in a pie chart, you can click to Export any report to a .csv file, open it in Excel or Numbers, and create whatever graphs you want.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BonnieO
    BonnieO Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.