How do I upload all of my previous credit card transactions? (Q Mac)

Options
I just started using the software and it seems to have only uploaded the past 3-4 months of credit card transactions. How do I make it upload more transitions? I'd like to go back a year at least. I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Mac.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most banks only provide 90 days of transaction history via direct download into Quicken. There's nothing you can do about that. However, you may be able to go to the bank's website and download older transactions as a .QFX or .OFX file. How to do that depends on the bank's website. IF you are able to download a QFX file, then after you have it, double click that file. Quicken will open and either offer to link it to an existing account or create a new account. If the only option is to create a new account, that's fine. Just let it create the new account, then drag and drop all the non-duplicate transactions to your existing account and delete the new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    FAQ: Download Old Transactions — Quicken

Never mind. I didn't see this was Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most banks only provide 90 days of transaction history via direct download into Quicken. There's nothing you can do about that. However, you may be able to go to the bank's website and download older transactions as a .QFX or .OFX file. How to do that depends on the bank's website. IF you are able to download a QFX file, then after you have it, double click that file. Quicken will open and either offer to link it to an existing account or create a new account. If the only option is to create a new account, that's fine. Just let it create the new account, then drag and drop all the non-duplicate transactions to your existing account and delete the new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • still learning
    Options
    Thank you, Rick!! Super helpful. Probably the most helpful and timely response I've ever received on a message board. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.