Re-adding an account (Q Mac)

Options
I have a Fidelity Netbenifits account that I'm trying to re-add. I have delete the old account information but I'm being told that "it looks like the account has already been added' and that there is no new accounts to add. I closed and reopened the application but I still get the same error.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you really delete the old account, together with all its transactions, or did you just hide it?
    If it's hidden, you need to deactivate it first, before you can activate the new account.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @robertj25501

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend checking that the account is indeed deleted and now just hidden or kept separate. To do this select Account >Hide and Show Accounts. 

Please attempt this step and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • robertj25501
    robertj25501 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR @Quicken Paloma

The account is deleted.
    It is not showing up under Hidden Accounts on the side bar
    It is not showing in the Hide and Show Accounts window.
    It is not showing anywhere in the sidebar.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I'm going to have to take a pass on Q Mac specifics, being a Q Windows user myself.
    If the account was physically deleted from your data file and you need to get it back, the best way is to restore your Quicken data file from a backup taken prior to the deletion and then reenter or redownload any new transactions entered since that time.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

This discussion has been closed.