Duplicate checking accounts (Q Mac)

Options
Sheryl Melber
Sheryl Melber Member
edited October 2021 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
When updating passwords for a checking account by signing in to the Bank of America I seemed to have kept an old account. Now both accounts "point" to and download to the separate accounts in Quicken. This doubles my overall balance.I have moved the old account to "Hide and Show" and labeled it as "Hide in Lists' and "Keep separate".
I cannot close or delete it because of a message saying there are still transactions pending. So I deleted my entire list of bill reminders and deposits thinking the Old account was still seeing those transactions. This didn't work either.
How can I remove the OLD checking account?

Thank you
Sheryl

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Sheryl Melber

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your checking accounts. It sounds like we might need to go into the register we're looking to delete and check if there are any transactions stuck in a pending status.

Once we've found them we should be able to force delete them by holding down the option key and deleting the transaction. Once you've deleted any pending transactions we should be able to delete the account to clear up the issue.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.