Find duplicated entries

Options
Is there a way to "search" for duplicate entries? I do not see it in any drop down menu.

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One approach might be to reconcile your account to a "zero" balance and then in the reconcile window look for any transactions that are not reconciled and see if there are any duplicates. For example, if you have two identical entries for Acme Hardware and you have just reconciled one of those entries, then delete the duplicate identical entry. In all likelihood, you won't have a bunch of duplicates if you are entering transactions manually.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can sort by any of the columns.  Like sort on payee/description or amount, etc.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Sgrudolf
    Sgrudolf Member ✭✭
    Options

The "sort and search" methods are very manual processes - I agree that Quicken ought t be able to add a feature that enables one to quickly search and identify duplicate transactions (follow Excel's model!) - certainly would have helped after I had to revert to old style of downloading QFX files in order to "rebuild" my accounts after a horrid experience with the new WebConnect updates - security is important and I support 100% but I just wasted an entire evening rebuilding the majority of my bank and credit card accounts to get them to reconcile - having an easy way to identity duplicated downloaded / imported transactions would have helped.

• Nanya
    Nanya Member
    Options

You say "delete the duplicate entry". But how do I delete it? There used to be a delete key stroke but I can't find it on the new program.

This discussion has been closed.