Linking Payments to Accounts

Options
cbfarrand
cbfarrand Member
New to this forum and wasn't able to find an answer doing a search.

Have set up Quicken web edition and entered all my on-line accounts (banking, credit cards etc.) All the transactions from those accounts are shown in their proper registers.

I have one credit account that I had to set up manually (no online access) and have entered all current transactions.

I have made payments on this account, that show up on my bank register, but I can't seem to figure out how to link the payment, from the bank register, to the credit account register.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The payment in the bank register needs to be categorized as a Transfer to the credit card account.   Are you using Windows or Mac?   

When you enter the payment in your checking account you put the credit card account name in for the category using square brackets around the name to indicate it is a transfer...like this… [credit card] or newer versions have a Transfer column.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The payment in the bank register needs to be categorized as a Transfer to the credit card account.   Are you using Windows or Mac?   

When you enter the payment in your checking account you put the credit card account name in for the category using square brackets around the name to indicate it is a transfer...like this… [credit card] or newer versions have a Transfer column.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• cbfarrand
    cbfarrand Member
    Options
    Great, that's what I needed.

I am using the Windows Web version.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.