Bank of America Not Updating

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with a Bank of America account not updating? I can log in to the account through my browser without issues, but Quicken can't seem to connect no matter what I try. I have tried resetting the credentials to ensure they are correct, and Quicken gives me the thumbs up that the reset was successful, however after re-running One Step Update, the account isn't listed among the financial institutions updated. I have run out of clues.

Comments

• rwgodfrey
    rwgodfrey Member ✭✭
    Same here. First noticed it the morning of the 17th.
  • Jim Curran
    Jim Curran Member ✭✭
    Same problem two days in a row OL-220-A
  • Teasleyj
    Teasleyj Member
    edited October 2021
    [removed - off-topic]
  • JedDixon
    JedDixon Member ✭✭
    Still no resolution to this issue. I've waited the obligatory "48 hours" and tried again, many times in fact since I first posted about this problem. One Step Update will process my other accounts, and appears to be processing the Bank of America account, but when completed the BOA account doesn't show up in the list at all, yet no error message is thrown out. I have also tried updating starting from within the BOA account in Quicken, but when the process completes there is only a blank screen, and no error messages.

It has been three weeks since this started and the only progress I've made is that today I was able to manually download the transactions after opening my account through my browser in the "Web Connect for Quicken 2018 and Above" (QFX) format. This helps, but it doesn't resolve the download problem.

Attached is an image of the One Step Summary screen after processing. Bank of America should be listed but it is not.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JedDixon

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I have taken a further look into your account and found an error. I have sent you a DM with further information/instructions regarding your account. 

When you have a moment please check your messages. 

Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • JedDixon
    JedDixon Member ✭✭
    Paloma,
    This problem appears to be resolved. I received your DM informing me that it appeared that my accounts with Bank of America may have invalid credentials and for that reason I may be locked out. I first double-checked and confirmed that I could access to each of the two accounts directly via my Google Chrome browser, using my existing credentials. Since each account has different credentials I needed to access them separately.
    I had to download the transactions from each account and re-activate the One-Step Download feature. In this process I was required to put in the account credentials for the first account, respond to the security code that was sent to the device I had on record, then tell Quicken which account to deliver the transaction to. I had to do this for each of the two accounts. I noted, for each account, that the bank sent the security code question twice for me to answer. Once I did this, though, I was able to complete Quicken's activation process.
    I believe the issue is now resolved. Thank you for the help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JedDixon

Thank you for your response and the additional details. We are glad your issue is now resolved. If you come across any error codes/messages or have questions please let us know. 

Thanks!

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.