Why is a cleared transaction missing from the reconcile page?

Options
A set of transactions were downloaded and incorrectly applied to accounts. It should have been a transfer between banks, but was applied as multiple transactions to completely wrong accounts. I removed all of the transactions and added a transfer from one bank account to the other. I marked the transaction as cleared on the receiving account and was able to reconcile without issue. The reconcile page for the source account does not show the new & cleared transaction.

Answers

• HopeAndShawn
    Options
    Additional information: I was able to get the transaction to show up by changing the date to 1 day earlier. That is odd because other transactions existed for the original date. The reconcile page now showed the transaction but still had the amount as a difference. I had to uncheck and recheck the cleared box for it to be applied. I was finally able to have the account reconciled, but with the wrong date for the transaction.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @HopeandShawn

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize for the confusion. However, we are glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. If you come across another error or question please reach out to us. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will point you to this FAQ, although I cannot promise it addresses your situation. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17272603#Comment_17272603

The post makes the distinction between a Transaction Date, a Posting Date, and a Downloaded Posting Date any of which might interact with the statement Ending Date.  That is an old FAQ post but also take note of the 2015 comment applied to the post.  In spite of its age, as far as I know the information is still accurate.