Online Transactions Sent -- Maybe?

cbarlock
cbarlock Member ✭✭
Tonight I paid a few bills with Quicken. One of them caused an error because it was too soon for my bank to process. Several of the bills went through fine -- I guess the ones I entered before the problem bill. When I pushed the date out for the problem bill and sent the bills again for processing, they all completed, but three of them still say "Send", but they seem to have been sent. There is a lightning bolt icon next to Send and if I click on the link there, it says that the transaction will be processed on the agreed-upon date.

I've seen this happen before and I've checked my bank account and the the payments were processed. My "fix" to Quicken was to change these transactions from Send to Wdraw -- but this is ugly.

Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix it? This feels like a Quicken bug...

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cbarlock

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Based on the information provided, it seems that Bank Bill Pay was used to pay your bills. If the information was not sent or updated properly you could try refreshing and rebranding the profile. 

To do this select Tools >Online Center >CTRL and Shift (hold simultaneously) >Click Contact Info. On the pop-up menu check the box "Financial Institution Branding and Profile" and click refresh. A visual example is below.

Once it has been refreshed click Update/Send on the Online Center. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • cbarlock
    cbarlock Member ✭✭
    This did not resolve the problem. (Interesting "trick" that CTRL-Shift thing!)
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cbarlock

Thank you for your response. Since this issue is still persisting, could you attempt to validate the file? 

To do this select File >Validate and Repair >Validate File. On the pop-up menu check the first box and click OK. A visual example is below. 

When you get a chance attempt the steps above and let us know the results. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I've always assumed you have to select the account from the Refresh dialog shown in Paloma's first post before clicking Refresh. You might also need to check the box for Online Payments to flush those through.
    There's another way to force a refresh, which is CTRL+F3+Contact info. See image below.
    In either case, you have to do a One Step Update after clicking Refresh to make anything happen.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• cbarlock
    cbarlock Member ✭✭
    Tried both these suggestions. The three transactions still say "Send", but they no longer have the lightning bolt next to "Send". All three were scheduled to process today. I checked my bank and all three are "Processing" -- so the bank got them. As in the past, my "fix" will be to change them to "Wdraw" instead of "Send". This is annoying, though, and it would be nice to get this fixed.
  • cbarlock
    cbarlock Member ✭✭
    I was mistaken. This (I think adding Online Payments to the refresh, but not completely sure) did cure the problem, but in an interesting way. It duplicated the three transactions, but without the "Send" status. I just deleted the three with Send and kept the duplicates.
  • robertlstein
    robertlstein Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    The biggest question is why Quicken has failed to resolve a problem that has been reported multiple times by multiple users the past two years?

This is really becoming irritating.  An engineer at Quicken needs to figure out what the heck is causing this issue for multiple users.
This discussion has been closed.