One Step Update keeps looking for closed account

Options
Vonni_
Vonni_ Member
Every time I run one step update, I get a pop up for Bank of America Add Account. The only time this doesn't happen is if I deactivate all my bank accounts and credit card online set ups and just run one step update with my investment accounts. As soon as I add a bank back in, the same pop up happens even if it's not a BofA account I added back in. This has been going on for months and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it. I've closed the BofA CC I had on Quicken, unchecked the FI on the one step update and it keeps happening. Does anyone have any ideas before I try to spend an inordinate amount of time on the phone with support?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About this closed account ... where did you close this account? At the bank?
    If so, you also need to deactivate the account in Quicken. If you don't do that, the next One Step Update will attempt to download new transactions from the bank.
    Go to Edit Account Details for this account, select the Online Services tab and "Deactivate". Just unchecking the bank or account entry in OSU Settings may not be good enough.
  • Vonni_
    Vonni_ Member
    Options
    I ended up having to close and delete all the BofA accounts in Quicken. Thankfully I don't use that CC and have no plans to in the future.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Vonni_,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble. 

There is another Community Post that has resolved this issue for others. I do see that you said you deleted your accounts, but I thought I would provide this for you anyway. You can always restore a backup if you want to try this method.

If you have any other questions or concerns, just let us know!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.