Transfer investment transactions in Quicken Mac to another data file

Options
Lakegal
Lakegal Member ✭✭
Hello. My old Quicken Mac file is too old so I started another one. As I need the historical transactions for tax purposes, I am trying to export the transactions in the investment brokerage account to the new investment brokerage account data file. When I used the QXF file, it took the entire history (it didn't ask me what transactions I wanted to export). Support articles say to use QIF for investment transactions but that is not an available option in Quicken Mac export menu selection. Is there a way to export transactions from just ONE account so I can import them into the new Quicken Mac company file? Thank you in advance for any help in this matter.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Lakegal,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

The answer to this is a simple one. No, unfortunately, there are no options to decide which accounts you want to export in Quicken for Mac. Currently, the only export option that you can take to a new file is the Quicken Transfer File (QXF), file type. This exports the entire file, as you have noticed. 

There is a workaround, and although workarounds are not always an ideal solution, I am offering it so you can decide if it's something worth doing or not in your situation. You can use the QXF file, bring it into a new file. Delete everything that you don't want, leaving only the accts you were wanting to export out in the first place. Now you can use the QXF export option again, and bring it into the new file you are building. 

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Quicken Alyssa

• Lakegal
    Lakegal Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Alyssa especially for the workaround. This product seems to require a lot of workarounds. I was too far along to use the workaround unfortunately ... so I opted to lose my history and go with "add shares". I'll keep the old file in the event my accountant or the tax man requires some historical information. Not ideal but it made it so I could keep on working.
This discussion has been closed.