retrieve user name and password for this forum

Options
QUICKEN PALOMA - I tried to answer your reply but I kept getting "you are not authorized etc... so here's the reply to my other question from earlier today - I chose forgot ID and entered in my email address and under that it said it would send a recovery email to that address if it existed....I never rec'd an email and I'm sure I'm trying the correct email address. And just to be sure, I tried the same request with another email address and got the same response. Isn't there a way they can look for my account using my name, company name or address? I don't have hours to sit here trying everything. Windows updates sure do cost me lots of time and money!! Thanks

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Now you're confusing us. You've logged in as both @garfers and @RobertaJS21. You will need to tell the moderators which account and corresponding email address you prefer. And best to keep the same inquiry in the same thread.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Well, that's part of the problem! I have 8 email addresses - 2 to 3 of which I use strictly for business and the others are for family etc. When I went to recover my ID I entered one of the 3 and it didn't exist so I tried the other 2 which came back as a legit user name so I changed the password thinking I was good to go but when I logged in there were no posts or comments connected to that user so I knew that was wrong...which lead me here and back to... isn't there another way of finding my account that was last used 2019 I think, possibly 2018? Obviously going through each of my email addresses isn't working. Maybe I misspelled my user name? Maybe I entered something wrong and didn't catch it at the time (I often choose remain logged in because I'm the ONLY user on this desktop). If there's anyway possible that I can get help finding my original account, I'd appreciate it. I can provide you with a list of all my email addresses and would appreciate any help on this. I need to refer back to some of the answers I was given before about a problem I was having. If I was a gambler, I'd bet the user was RobertaJS or
    RobertaJS1 but I got nowhere trying either so not sure why that is.....
  • @Rocket J Squirrel sorry, forgot to mention in my reply that I only posted elsewhere instead of on the same thread because I kept getting an error. I'm trying to do all I can to get this solved quickly and not drag it out for days or weeks but I seem to be failing in that area too.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    You'll have to wait for assistance from an admin or mod.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @garfers

I have sent you a DM which you should be able to reply to. I am really sorry about the frustration. 

-Quicken Paloma