Repeated Sync Error

For the past month(ish), I get a message from Quicken every time I try to update my online accounts (hit the spinny button in the top-left of the main window). Unfortunately, the error message is singularly unhelpful: "Sync Error. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."
Well… it's still happening.
I have tried resetting credentials for lots of accounts. No change.
I have tried resetting the Quick Cloud Account. No improvement. In fact, that was an unmitigated disaster, resulting in 1000s of transactions being downloaded twice -- spent the better part of a weekend cleaning up that mess.
Any other clues or hints for what's wrong and/or how I can fix it?

Comments

• This is the error I get if I disconnect an account and try to reconnect
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ericberdahl

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this persisting issue. To better assist you could you let us know what financial institution you are using? Does this occur with particular accounts or all? Is this also occurring in a backup file?

Please elaborate so that we may be able to provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • I am having the same issue, but just with one bank, two accounts. The issue happened just after the last update to 6.4.4 when certain issues connecting to banks (which I had not previously had) were supposedly fixed. This has been recurring for probably two weeks now. Has anyone received a "fix" that works?
  • Hello @rfullerton & @ericberdahl,

@ericberdahl I need you to please contact Quicken Support. It looks like there may have been an issue during your cloud migration that could have caused this. We will need them to escalate this for further investigation. 

@rfullerton I do not see any accounts with errors showing for you. If you are still having issues, can you please provide some more details so I can determine what exactly those issues are? What is the financial institution that you are having issues with? Is the problem consistent or intermittent?

Thank you both for your cooperation and patience on this issue.

Quicken Alyssa 
  • @Allieblaster,

Can you please try signing out and back into the software? I am also curious if this is specific to one financial institution, if so which one? Please provide us with some more information so we can determine how best to proceed. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa
  • I have signed out of the software and signed back in. I have reset the cloud. This is happening will all of my bank and credit card accounts including First Entertainment Credit Union, USAA, Citi Bank, Chase. The only account not affected in my Vanguard account.
  • @Allieblaster,

Thank you for the update!

I have been looking into your dataset information to try and determine what exactly is happening here. I am running into a problem because you have multiple datasets/datafiles that are named the same thing. I am having to guess which one you are having issues with. I need your help identifying the file that is having issues, please.

You seem to have multiple files with the same accounts in them. Some of those files are working and one is not. Is that correct? Are those other files test files that you have created? Please open ONLY the file that you are having the issues in. Update the accounts, when you get the Sync Error, click Report a Problem in the bottom corner of that box. Send me the logs and the screenshot that are included in the report. 

Thank you for your continued participation and patience with this process. 

Quicken Alyssa
This discussion has been closed.