Apple Credit Card

jblice
jblice Member ✭✭
Is there a way to connect the Apple Credit Card to sync to my Quicken account?

Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    Unfortunately, the only connection method that Apple Card supports is Web Connect, meaning you need to export a .QFX file of your transactions from your iPhone, then import it into Quicken (File -> Import -> Bank or Brokerage File). You have to do this for each statement period. Here is the link to Apple's instructions for doing so:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211236
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jblice

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. To clarify if you would like to track your Apple Card, you can use the instance Apple card. A visual example is below.

From there you will be asked to download a file (most likely QFX) and import it into Quicken. See the example below. 

If you need assistance with navigating and downloading the file please contact Apple Support. 

Hope this helps. Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • PatB2
    PatB2 Member
    What about accounting for the Apple Cash the card throws off every Apple Card transaction? Can you download that too?
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    PatB2 said:
    What about accounting for the Apple Cash the card throws off every Apple Card transaction? Can you download that too?
    @PatB2 No, Apple/Quicken don't provide any official way to download Apple Cash information into Quicken. I worked around this by creating a manual cash account in Quicken called "Apple Cash", then once a month I export a PDF statement of my Apple Cash transactions and use a third-party tool to convert it to a QFX file that I then import into Quicken. It's not elegant, and not officially supported by both Apple and Quicken.

The only other option would be to manually enter Apple Cash transactions into Quicken by hand, which would be difficult since there are Daily Cash Transactions.
  • John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Paloma - the method you describe doesn't work, at least for me. Your method has Q opening a checking account. One can't connect to Apple Card to download into Q. I added an offline credit card account in Q, downloaded the .qfx files onto my computer, and still can't get them into my Apple credit card account in Q. And support is closed...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Paloma - the method you describe doesn't work, at least for me. Your method has Q opening a checking account. One can't connect to Apple Card to download into Q. I added an offline credit card account in Q, downloaded the .qfx files onto my computer, and still can't get them into my Apple credit card account in Q. And support is closed...
    Hello @John Patriarca ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, and I am sorry to hear there was any confusion regarding the Apple Card linking process. I just want to make sure, were you able to get the downloads to work using the method recommended by @Austin@?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    John, make sure the opening date on your new offline credit card account is set prior to the date of the oldest QFX file you're trying to import. I've seen that prevent imports before.
  • I was able to download my transactions on the iphone then save them to my google drive. I added the Apple card new account in Q, then opened google drive on the PC where I use Q and the transactions imported into Q with no problem. Magic.

However, the AppleCash is not included in the transactions. Since apple card provides a total for Daily Cash, I simply created a transaction for that total. I don't need to track each penny of AppleCash.
  • Austin,
    What is the third party sw you use to convert from PDF to QFX?
    Is is Mac or PC?
    I'd like to use your methodology.
  • mkk1950
    mkk1950 Member
    I have been trying to import statements that I airdrop from my iPhone to Macbook using the suggestions that I have read. Using the File - Import - Bank or Brokerage. I've tried both OFX and QFX. But I get an error message each time. "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."
This discussion has been closed.