Can you have two different data files on the sam computer with different quicken id's?

Options
rayrol
rayrol Member ✭✭
I want to move a data file with one quicken id from one mac to another that already has a data file with a different id. Do I have to change the quicken id on the data file that is moving to another mac to match the one is already on that mac?

Best Answer

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @rayrol,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

No, you don't have to change the Quicken ID on the data file to do this. However, if you don't, you will need to sign out of Quicken and then sign back in with the other ID. Seems that it would be easier to just allow it to change the owner of the file when it asks. Unless you have a reason for doing it this way. In that case, the sign-out and sign-in option works too!

I do hope this answered your question! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @rayrol,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

No, you don't have to change the Quicken ID on the data file to do this. However, if you don't, you will need to sign out of Quicken and then sign back in with the other ID. Seems that it would be easier to just allow it to change the owner of the file when it asks. Unless you have a reason for doing it this way. In that case, the sign-out and sign-in option works too!

I do hope this answered your question! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Quicken Alyssa

• rayrol
    rayrol Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for the answer and will take you advice on changing the owner
This discussion has been closed.