How do I get to my Quicken database on the web?

gtwait
gtwait Member
I upgraded my Quicken 2017 in Jan 2020 & have been syncing it everytime I update it manually using my laptop. I can update transactions using Quicken Mobile from my cell phone. My laptop has crashed, so I'm trying to understand what steps to take to access that database with all the budgeting, etc. associated with it until I can figure out if the laptop issue can be resolved.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    You may be able to continue using Quicken on your smartphone while your laptop is down for the count.
    But, if you are unable to get your laptop's hard drive resurrected and/or if you do not have a backup of your laptop QDF file saved on an external storage device or a in a cloud backup, you will not be able to use the Sync file to resurrect your laptop's data file. The Sync file is only a partial set of transactions and is not designed to act as a replacement for taking regular backups of your laptop data file or to restore same in the event of problems.
    So, when your new (or repaired) laptop comes in ... where are your Quicken data file backups?

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gtwait

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this difficulty. To clarify, when you sync your data set to the Quicken Cloud for mobile and web usage the files are not actually stored on the cloud. If you have a backup available on an external hard drive, I would suggest using that to restore your file that way. If this is not an option, another route would be to continue on your mobile device until you are able to determine if the files on your laptop can be restored. 

Hope this provides clarity. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.