how can I adjust the balance on an investment account

I have a 529 account with a bank that I cannot connect to Quicken and it has not been updated in a while. I moved the account recently so I'm missing some transaction data. I will enter the recent (post transfer) transactions, but how can I do a balance adjustment without transaction data? It's not as simple as with my regular accounts.


  • Quicken Alyssa
    Hello @auklet,

    Thank you for choosing to come to the Community with your questions and concerns.

    For investment accounts, you would use the Payment/Deposit transaction type to adjust the balance. However, this will not adjust any share differences. For that, you will need to add Buy/Sell transactions. To clarify, if you had 35 shares of any given stock, and you no longer have those, you need to sell them in Quicken so it displays the correct information for the account. 

    I hope you find this helpful. Let us know if you have any more questions and we will be happy to answer those for you!

    Quicken Alyssa
This discussion has been closed.