Payments are adding not subtracting

I've already looked at previous posts on this with no real answer. I've been using Quicken for many years, but this new and improved Deluxe version is horrible! I just want a check register that I can subtract debits and add deposits. My accounts were restored from an older version of Quicken (where they worked perfectly). Such a simple concept to subtract checks, but it doesn't work.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say you're working with a credit card account register ...
    What does the running Balance column look like?
    • If you owe money to the credit card company, the running balance should be a negative number, marked in red
    • Only if the account is overpaid and the credit card company owes money to you should the running balance ever be black.
    Also, is the account register correctly sorted by Date? Only when the register is sorted by Date will the running balance column make sense. The amount shown in the balance column is not a representation of the true bank balance on the date of the transaction when the register is sorted by something other than Date.
    And finally, is the Opening Balance transaction in your register correct and matches the balance at the bank on that day? If this isn't correct or you have, for whatever reason, more than one Opening Balance transaction in the register, your account register will never reconcile and match the bank balance.
This discussion has been closed.