Truist Migration comes with wrong account types

Options
I am migrating from Suntrust to Truist. My Home Equity and Line of Credit accounts come in as Checking instead of Credit. Has anyone else seen this ? Could not find it in the discussions.

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Bione,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns. 

To answer your question, no I have not seen anyone else with this particular issue. 

It looks like you made a couple of test files and the accounts came in the same way in those as well. Can I have you log in to Truist and see what the account types are from there? If they look good there, please call Truist and ask for someone in online banking. Hopefully, they can help figure out why the accounts are being sent to Quicken incorrectly.

Do let us know how this goes!

Quicken Alyssa
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have called Truist, And they said both the Front End and Back End look correct. Then pushed it back to Quicken to put in a ticket. I do believe it is a Truist issue. Theoretically my only issue is that these accounts are up in banking versus debt. Guess will live with it and see what happens.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @Bione,

I am sorry that you got nowhere with my suggestion.

You can always call Quicken Support and see if they can try some other options with you. But I do think it will ultimately come down to a change needing to be made by Truist. If your Quicken representative finds this to be the case as well, ask them if they would be willing to call the bank with you. 

There is another option I was considering. You could add a Line of Credit as a manual account and then try linking the account back to the manual one. To do this you should first save a backup and then disconnect the currently connected account in your Quicken. Then add the manual Line of Credit account. Now use the plus sign to add the actual account. When the account is found, link it to the Line of Credit account you just made. In that same screen where you link the account is also where it specifies the account type (worth taking a look at).

See if it will allow this, or if it changes it back to a checking account anyway. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.