Auto Match Downloaded Transactions Not Working

Options
I see this issue has been reported before, yet I still spend most of my time when downloading transactions having to manually match to a transaction I've previously entered.

There must be a better way to match transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @robjoon,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

As you know, the software is designed to match downloaded transactions to the transactions that are already in your register. Sometimes we see issues like the one you are experiencing, and there can be various causes of this. So I have so follow-up questions for you if that's ok. 

The transactions that you have to manually match, are they manually entered transactions, or are they previously downloaded? If they are manually entered, do they have the same date and amount as the downloaded transaction? If they are previously downloaded, I would suggest that you update your check register to show the Downloaded ID column (pictured below).

Once you have added that column, leave a couple of the transactions that you would normally have to manually match unmatched and accept them into the register as new. Then check the Downloaded ID on the one you just accepted and the previously downloaded one that was already in your register. Do they both have the same Downloaded ID?

Look forward to hearing back from you on this.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.