Quicken Reports

This discussion was created from comments split from: r35.23 update - New Dashboard Feature - Portfolio Value Incorrect.

Comments

• MarkTwain
    MarkTwain Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    File validation did not work for me. I have four securities whose balances in the portfolio value report are markedly lower than their true balances. The number of shares and the quotes/prices are both correct, so if you multiple those two numbers you get the correct balance/market value. Clearly, there is a bug in the Quicken software, in terms of how balances are calculated in the portfolio value report.

Currently, in order to get an accurate portfolio value report, I have to run the report in Quicken, export it to Excel, and have Excel compute the balance by multiplying the number of shares by the price; I then correct the gain/loss by having Excel subtract the cost basis from the balance. [Removed-Speculation/Disruptive]

All four securities do have one thing in common-all of them have undergone stock splits, and I suspect that that may have something to do with the calculation error. When DuPont de Nemours, Inc., spun off its agriscience subsidiary, Corteva, Inc. in 2019, and then did a reverse share split, in order to record the spin off correctly, I had to manually remove all of the old Dupont shares, then add the new Dupont and Corteva shares; Quicken automatically recorded the reverse share split. However, when I used the same date for adding the Dupont shares and the reverse share split, the balance for Dupont on the portfolio value and cost basis report was incorrect. I manually moved the share split to the next day, and the problem was solved, except that every time I ran Quicken Update, Quicken informed me that the stock split was on the wrong day, and kept wanting to change it back to the correct date. If I let Quicken change the date back, then the same problem recurred. I finally solved the problem by changing the date on the adding of the shares to the day before, and leaving the date of the stock split unchanged.
This discussion has been closed.