CC-503 Error

Options
Despite using the correct log-in information with one bank, Quicken states the wrong log-in information is in the one-step update. I have verified with the bank log-in. The one-step does say it was a successful update AND that the wrong info is in one-step update.

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @QwikOne,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing issues. 

I took a deeper look into your profile and I did see the 503 error that you are getting. Attached was the following message;
    "We could not access your account due to incorrect credentials. Our previous attempt to access this account failed. In order to avoid locking out this account, we will not attempt to access this account again until the credentials have been updated."

It appears that you are using the U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect instance. Are you using this instance in order to access the direct connect method? If not, can I have you try using the US Bank icon that is provided when you open the Add Account box?

Also, to verify that you can log into the financial institution's website you would want to use the link provided by Quicken, as this is what Quicken uses. (pictured below)

Let us know how these steps go!

Quicken Alyssa

• QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello @QwikOne,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing issues. 
    >
    > I took a deeper look into your profile and I did see the 503 error that you are getting. Attached was the following message;
    > "We could not access your account due to incorrect credentials. Our previous attempt to access this account failed. In order to avoid locking out this account, we will not attempt to access this account again until the credentials have been updated."
    >
    > It appears that you are using the U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect instance. Are you using this instance in order to access the direct connect method? If not, can I have you try using the US Bank icon that is provided when you open the Add Account box?
    >
    > Also, to verify that you can log into the financial institution's website you would want to use the link provided by Quicken, as this is what Quicken uses. (pictured below)
    >
    >
    >
    > Let us know how these steps go!
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Hi Alyssa, I am attempting to connect with US Bank using "One-Step Update" as I do all other accounts. Odd... the update does update the Quicken register. However, the dialog box at completion of the update says there is something that needs my attention (see attached screenshot). In managing account direct access passwords, it says US Bank doesn't need a log-in password. When I go to "FIX IT" from the dialog box, Quicken provides an opportunity to put in a password, which I do ..... the correct one I know works when entering the US Bank online account with that password. Hope this helps. Does putting in the password cause the error message? Dennis
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again @QuikOne,

Thank you for that update. Is it possible that you have an old/hidden account that could be causing this? 

No, putting in a password should not cause an error. 

To check for hidden accounts, go to Tools>Account List>Show Hidden (bottom left corner). Look for any US Bank accounts that are hidden, and then verify that they are deactivated from online services. To check that you would click Edit next to whichever account you want to look at. Click on the Online Services tab, you should see "Set Up Now". If you see deactivate, then you will want to deactivate the account.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this. 

Quicken Alyssa

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't there a special something in effect with US Bank direct connect requiring a PIN for Quicken access instead of the regular website password? Or am I imagining things?
  • QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello again @QuikOne,
    >
    > Thank you for that update. Is it possible that you have an old/hidden account that could be causing this? 
    >
    > No, putting in a password should not cause an error. 
    >
    > To check for hidden accounts, go to Tools>Account List>Show Hidden (bottom left corner). Look for any US Bank accounts that are hidden, and then verify that they are deactivated from online services. To check that you would click Edit next to whichever account you want to look at. Click on the Online Services tab, you should see "Set Up Now". If you see deactivate, then you will want to deactivate the account.
    >
    > Looking forward to hearing back from you on this. 
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Hi Alyssa,
    I'm back! I have a number of accounts at different financial institutions where Quicken has a gold key in the password field of the update page, US Bank remains incapable of updating. My password re-entered (again) in Quicken, then connecting to the bank to update my password. Quicken comes back and says the institution verified the new password successfully. Then going to connection with One Step, and it fails, saying there is incorrect login info in Quicken. I assure you it is correct.

I just read in the help center what to do if an account doesn't download transactions; the account must be deactivated then reactivated. Sound reasonable?
This discussion has been closed.