Can't Download Regions Bank Transaction into Quicken for Mac

I am unable to download Regions Bank transactions into Quicken for Mac (subscription) Version 6.4.4.

I received an email from Regions last week stating there were problems with transactions being duplicated on Quicken and QuickBooks from November 2 - 16. I did not have any issues during that time downloading transactions nor did I have any duplicate transactions. However today when I tried to download transactions, nothing downloaded.

When I click on the the download button, the arrow spins for a few seconds then stops. I do not receive any error messages. I tried logging into my Regions account online to make sure their online banking was up and I was able to log in successfully, so this appears to be a communication issue between Regions and Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ThomasM

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this issue. I took a look into your account but was unable to find an error code/message. Could you please try a test file? This will give us a better understanding of the issue in general. Before starting this process please make sure that you have saved a backup of your current file. 

To do a test file please select File >New >Start from scratch. Once the test file has been created please add your BRegions Bank account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Please be specific if you come across any error codes or messages. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • ThomasM
    ThomasM Member
    I was finally able to figure this out on my own. Apparently the issue was caused by the fact that I have two different account profiles with Regions Connect under the same login. I have a checking account for my dad's irrevocable trust that is considered a business account, so it cannot be linked to my personal checking and money market accounts. This has never caused issues with downloading transactions into Quicken in the past, but apparently, Quicken started downloading transactions from the trust account profile instead of my regular account profile. I noticed today when I tried resetting my accounts and downloading transactions in Quicken that one transaction downloaded to my money market account. When I looked at the transaction, I immediately recognized it as a transaction belongs in the trust account. The trust account has very limited transactions, so for that reason, I update it in Quicken manually. I realized there must be an issue with the fact that I have two different profiles on my Regions Connect online account, so I logged in to see if there was a way I could make my primary checking and money market accounts my primary profile instead of the trust account. I figured out that I could indeed change my profile preferences on Regions Connect to set my checking and money market account profile as my primary profile and make the trust account a secondary profile. Once I made this change and reset my Quicken accounts, my transactions downloaded successfully. I am probably the only Quicken user with a Regions Connect account with two different profiles, so this issue will probably never affect anyone else.
This discussion has been closed.