Has anyone else found that fixing Schwab download issues causes problems with other DC accounts ??

sahurd
sahurd Member ✭✭
Specifically, finding that other accounts (that were working perfectly before) now get OL-362-A errors (with financial institution downloading data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken Data File?

Best Answer

  • Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, I and a number of others have had this exact thing happen. I just finished straightening out my Schwab connections/accounts (I hope!) but I have OL-362-A on several of my non-Schwab accounts, so next up is to get those straightened out. Hopefully just a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting the online services/downloads for each of those.

Answers

  • Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, I and a number of others have had this exact thing happen. I just finished straightening out my Schwab connections/accounts (I hope!) but I have OL-362-A on several of my non-Schwab accounts, so next up is to get those straightened out. Hopefully just a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting the online services/downloads for each of those.
  • Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭
    I've been working on this a little bit now. For an account that is giving OL-362-A, I found I could go Tools --> Accounts --> Edit --> Online Services tab --> Deactivate. Then, once it's deactivated, hit the button to "Set up now" - enter username and password, and it would get set back up. Run One Step Update, and the account works fine, no error. However, then when I do this process with the next account that is giving OL-362-A, when I run OSU, the second account I did it with is working fine but now the first account I did it with is giving OL-362-A. It's like a game of whack-a-mole, where only the account you reset most recently works.
  • Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭
    Update - nevermind! All I had to do was close Quicken and then start Quicken again. Then BOOM - One Step Update goes flawlessly for all accounts, no OL-362-A. I was tipped off by the comments here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20202091
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22
    You might mention what connection is used for these other accounts- DC, EWC, EWC+
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭
    All accounts that were giving OL-362-A were Direct Connect accounts in my case. And what precipitated them beginning to give the error was switching my Schwab accounts from DC to EWC+.
  • sahurd
    sahurd Member ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Same with me...the the affected account were DC investment accounts. I first tried to reset the connection then disabled and re-enabled the connection. That seemed to work. But when I tried to do another One Step Update, 1 of the 2 went back to the same error. In seeing the idea about quitting & restarting Quicken, I thought I had already done that. But when I tried it again, it did seem to work properly. Fingers crossed that it's totally fixed now.