Downloading Optum Bank HSA Transactions Corrupts Paycheck

Options
Kevin Russell
Kevin Russell Member ✭✭✭
While Optum does not support downloading/importing investment transactions you are able to download a QFX file for the cash transactions funded by your paycheck. However, downloading the QFX file and then reconciling those transactions completely wipes out the paycheck in the linked checking account. This has been an issue for me for several years now.

Unfortunately, I forgot about this issue and did an annual download of Optum HSA transactions this morning and wiped out my checking account to the tune of a few hundred thousand dollars in the red. Reconciling the HSA cash transactions resets the linked paycheck from the original net deposit amount to a debit equal to just the HSA transaction amount. You can correct manually for each paycheck impacted by the reconcile, but I'm still in the red overall with no way of knowing where and how to adjust to fix the balance.

Just curious if anyone else has found this issue. After I finished the reconcile and noticed my checking account was hosed, I had that moment of, "Oh yes, I forgot this was broken."
I restored a file from yesterday and will give myself a note that my HSA account will forever be wrong in Quicken I guess.

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Kevin Russel,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize for the delayed response. 

If you feel this is a bug, please go to Help>Report a Problem from within your Quicken software to report it. You do not receive a response back from these submissions, but this will notify Quicken of the issue you are seeing. Please be detailed in your description before sending in the report. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.