Trying to add Schwab account...no accounts on Schwab are listed

Using release R37.25, I deactivated my Schwab account.....trying to add a new account. when Quicken opens up the Schwab login in page....I gave my consent to allow 3rd party downloads....then it brings up a page that is supposed to have my account on Schwab, but there are no accounts listed...any fixes for this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello again @PMinkin,

Thank you for the update. 

Here is a Knowledge Base article that mentions the account type restrictions. 

Some things to know, you can only have one Quicken data file connected to Schwab, you can only use one User ID within that data file, and the supported account types are more limited than they were before. 

If the account shows up on Schwab's website when you are enabling third-party access, then it should show up in Quicken. If it does not show up on the bank's website, then it will not come into Quicken. 

These restrictions are not put in place by Quicken, so any grievances regarding them should be directed to Schwab. 

Hope this helps. But do let us know if you have any more questions on this, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• Hello @PMinkin,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you have been affected by the Schwab issues we are all seeing. 

If you have not done so yet, please look at this Knowledge Base article and let us know how this goes for you. Thank you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• PMinkin
    PMinkin Member ✭✭
    I upgraded to the new release...same exact behavior. FYI...this is a joint tenant account (brokerage), when I go through the script to add the account, no accounts are listed ... so getting an error message: that 1 account has to selected thus it fails. Quicken: do you need any more info to troubleshoot my scenario?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello again @PMinkin,

Thank you for the update. 

Here is a Knowledge Base article that mentions the account type restrictions. 

Some things to know, you can only have one Quicken data file connected to Schwab, you can only use one User ID within that data file, and the supported account types are more limited than they were before. 

If the account shows up on Schwab's website when you are enabling third-party access, then it should show up in Quicken. If it does not show up on the bank's website, then it will not come into Quicken. 

These restrictions are not put in place by Quicken, so any grievances regarding them should be directed to Schwab. 

Hope this helps. But do let us know if you have any more questions on this, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• PMinkin
    PMinkin Member ✭✭
    FYI...you are correct, according to Schwab, my account is an International account and Schwab is not yet supporting International accounts for download. Perhaps they will fix this in the future. In the meantime, I will have to update manually.
This discussion has been closed.