Schwab now working 11/23/21 15:45 US ET

Bill25
Bill25 Member ✭✭✭
Latest status:
For this one user, my Qkn is now successfully downloading transactions from all 5 Schwab accounts. Qkn Subscription Version R36.41 Build 27.1.36.41 "Win 10 Enterprise", running on Win 11 Pro. I did NOTHING as far as running the prompted Qkn program update nor any MONDO patch, since it looks screwy to me I don't trust it! (Says I'm running version "R1").
Yesterday I had converted my accounts to the new connection method, but the alleged new transactions were not visible anywhere. Now it works as it should: those transactions and many new ones from today downloaded properly.

I hope everyone has the same luck I had.
Quicken (and TurboTax FWIW) user since 1992.
Windows IT Administrator since 2002.
Windows 11 Pro running on a crappy off-the-shelf HP PC.
Beer lover since 1968.

Comments

  • PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    edited November 23
    What were you on previously?

    I installed R37.25 patch as instructed by Quicken Moderator here. It shows as no longer available.

    I don't want to spend to much time on this. Be nice to see status update from Quicken
  • Bill25
    Bill25 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I did not install the patch because it looked "wrong" for two reasons.
    #1 it was "updating" me to an earlier version of Qkn, and
    #2 it thought my "Current" version was R1 instead of R36.41.
    I thought it better to wait it out before mucking up things any worse, and that worked out well in my case.
    --YMMV, caveat emptor, FWIW and LOL
    Quicken (and TurboTax FWIW) user since 1992.
    Windows IT Administrator since 2002.
    Windows 11 Pro running on a crappy off-the-shelf HP PC.
    Beer lover since 1968.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    PennyRich said:  I installed R37.25 patch as instructed by Quicken Moderator here. It shows as no longer available.
    I'm guessing it was a catch-22...
    The R36 hotfix patch was for something probably with Schwab ...
    The R37 update was just normal maint release...
    SO... which is more important - yeah- the R36 hotfix - so make that one avail and backoff the R37 -

    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill25 said:
    it thought my "Current" version was R1 instead of R36.41.
    Many updates have presented this cosmetic error. It is nothing to worry about.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭
    can i downgrade from the37 patch to the 36 patch, is that necessary? 
  • Bill25
    Bill25 Member ✭✭✭
    > @hmday said:
    > can i downgrade from the37 patch to the 36 patch, is that necessary? 

    My thought would be make a backup and a) try it and see with whatever you have now, and b) worst case, you'd have to uninstall/reinstall/restore.
    Quicken (and TurboTax FWIW) user since 1992.
    Windows IT Administrator since 2002.
    Windows 11 Pro running on a crappy off-the-shelf HP PC.
    Beer lover since 1968.
  • Mau
    Mau Member
    my connection with schwab is not working. I called support no answer, went to chat, waited 30 minutes no answer. So what I'm suppose to do. And QCK is very quiet. The info on Quicken.com/schwab are only for MAC, I use WIND. Very disappointing!!!
  • Bill25
    Bill25 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 23
    Mau, look here
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_bank_accounts_downloading_and_categorization_windows
    Mau said:
    my connection with schwab is not working. I called support no answer, went to chat, waited 30 minutes no answer. So what I'm suppose to do. And QCK is very quiet. The info on Quicken.com/schwab are only for MAC, I use WIND. Very disappointing!!!
    Or maybe here
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

    Quicken (and TurboTax FWIW) user since 1992.
    Windows IT Administrator since 2002.
    Windows 11 Pro running on a crappy off-the-shelf HP PC.
    Beer lover since 1968.
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    I just "downgraded" from the Mondo patch 37.25 to the current Mondo 36.41 and it now works! All that time trying stuff per chat support was a waste of time. Glad I saw your post so that I am now in good shape!
  • Bill25
    Bill25 Member ✭✭✭
    Linda said:
    I just "downgraded" from the Mondo patch 37.25 to the current Mondo 36.41 and it now works! All that time trying stuff per chat support was a waste of time. Glad I saw your post so that I am now in good shape!
    Glad to know it helped someone, @Linda
    I'm still updating perfectly today (11/24, 13:31 ET) and still on R36.41.
    Quicken (and TurboTax FWIW) user since 1992.
    Windows IT Administrator since 2002.
    Windows 11 Pro running on a crappy off-the-shelf HP PC.
    Beer lover since 1968.