Schwab Update - Version R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45 - I have 5 Schwab Accounts, 2 now update, 3 don't

Options
Title pretty much sums it up.

Updated with today's patch. Updated transactions. Two accounts downloaded transactions from 11/18-19 (and a bunch of old transactions that were a minor PIA, but no dealbreaker).

However, three accounts did not download any transactions from last week. All accounts are the same. I also deactivated and re-activated. I also did the "Refresh Branding" steps. Even ran the patch a second time. Nada. I'm missing hundreds of transactions from the 18th and 19th on these three accounts.

Step in the right direction, but this is not resolved. I will open a chat with Q when the wait isn't over 60 minutes...but, if anyone has had a similar circumstance and resolved matters themselves, I'm open to suggestion.

Comments

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @c1916,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your update on the Schwab issues you are experiencing, though I apologize for the delayed response.

Were you able to get his resolved with Quicken Support? Or is this issue ongoing for you? If you did get it resolved, please add your resolution steps for others who might experience this. 

If your issue has not been resolved yet, can you please specify what account types are affected? When you went through the reauthorization process, were all five accounts found for use in Quicken? Or did it only display the two accounts? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

Quicken Alyssa 

• c1916
    c1916 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Apologies, I've not yet taken my specific case to a Q chat or call.

The issue is ongoing.

All 5 accounts are IRA's (2 Traditional, 2 Roth, and 1 Traditional that is used by Schwab to loan my securities out to short sellers).

All 5 accounts are found by Q (still running Version R36.45, Build 27.1.36.45) during the standard one-step update process (after having been re-linked to Web Connect +), and if I click on any of those 5 accounts, see the message "Last download November 26, 2021 - 12:10PM (Express Web Connect+) on all of them

2 accounts continue to update transactions on a daily basis successfully (1 Traditional IRA, 1 Roth). The other 3 accounts *indicate* a successful connection (and there are no error messages), but no transactions have been downloaded for these 3 accounts since 11/17, and after 9 days of no transactions being downloaded, I would estimate there should be 400-500 transactions that have been completed within Schwab that are not populating Q.

I appreciate your attention to this matter, and unless you have advice for me now, I still intend to contact Q chat when I have the opportunity and the time to wait through the queue.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @c1916,

Thank you for the update. 

While I could provide steps and suggestions from here, it seems easier and less time-consuming to just call the Support Line. This way they can get a better idea of what is happening and more easily pinpoint the issue to correct it in one sitting. 

Monday call volume is always a little high, but the wait times have decreased significantly over the past several days. Please give them a call and let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• c1916
    c1916 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally had an extra hour today to sit in the chat queue and wait for my turn with tech support.

When I got to the head of the queue, the agent said (and I'm paraphrasing :smile: ) "Yep, this is an ongoing error with some Schwab accounts" They wanted me to open an official ticket from within Q to send them my log files (which I did).

The agent admitted that there is no current fix for this problem, to which I pointedly asked: "Does Q acknowledge that this problem is still ongoing and are you working on a fix?" The answer was "That is correct, We are working on fixing this error with the bank downloads at this time."

To which I replied: Hold on there...this is not a "Bank Download" problem for me, this is a securities (stocks, bonds, options) transaction download problem. He said "This is the same problem."

So, my takeaway for those, like me, where the problem is NOT connectivity (meaning that you are able to make your Schwab accounts connect to Q using the new Express Web Connect + methodology), the answer is:

Sit tight, Q does not have a fix, but they're working on it.

Alyssa, I spent a career in tech, and if my team pushed out an upgrade that caused my customers 11 days of pain, I'd at least consider backing the upgrade off and restoring usability to my client base until a reasonable amount of UAT was completed successfully. May I inquire why that isn't the case here? Revert to using Direct Connect for Schwab until your team is SURE the solution works for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.