Schwab connection - no accounts to link

lwj
lwj Member ✭✭
I have been working through various "Charles Schwab Transaction Download Changes" problems. Now I am able to connect to Schwab through Quicken but when I get to the page that says "Select your Schwab accounts to link to Quicken" there are no accounts listed (I have two investment accounts, no bank accounts). If I click "Continue" I get "Please correct 1 error on this page - Select at least one account to link".
Needless to say I have "Enabled Third-Party Access" at my Schwab account and also tried to connect with this disabled - same result.
I note that the Schwab Third-Party Access page says "You are enabling access to your account information through this channel (OFX protocol)".
But I wonder if this should have been updated to a new protocol and that my problem is at Schwab.

Has anyone the same problem?

Further notes - * I tried Quicken Support but they just wanted me to repeat all the stages and three quarters of the way through the chat dropped. *I tried with a new blank file in Quicken R36.45. Same problem. *I've seen "So far people have reported that LLCs, POAs, and view only accounts are not available for download" but I believe that my accounts are straightforward investment accounts so should be authorized to connect to Quicken.

Best Answers

• lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Do let us know how this goes!
    Hi Alyssa,
    Schwab came back to me saying "According to our systems, you are enabled for third-party access. However, if it is not working for you, please try to Disable Third-Party Access and Re-Enable." [Done, several times!]
    "If you continue to have issues, please get in touch with Quicken and advise them that someone on their team will need to contact our Schwab team directly, this is to ensure they’re registered properly."
    Does this last bit make sense to you?
    (I have tried a clean install of Quicken, R37.37, and built a new file just with my Schwab account. I still can't connect to Schwab as described in the first two paragraphs at the start of this discussion.)
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @lwj,

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the Schwab representative that responded to you knew what Quicken even was. It looks like that may have been an email or chat communication with them, so I would suggest calling them and asking for someone in online banking. 

I wish I had a way of making the accounts visible but I do not. This definitely lies on the Schwab end, and only they can assist you with that. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• John5630
    John5630 Member ✭✭
    I actually removed Schwab from my normal quicken file. I then created 2 new files. One that I linked to Schwab through the icon and another that I connected to Schwab investor C. The normal account only downloaded my checking account information. The Investor C listed all my broker transactions, but listed as only deposits and withdraws. It seems strange that a simple mapping issue is taking 8 days and counting to fix.
  • lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I presume that with each new file, after connection through to Schwab, you were presented with the account(s) to link. I don't get that. Where there should be my two accounts there is nothing. This makes me think that my problem is at the Charles Schwab end and whatever juggling about I do, including following Quicken Support's various suggestions, will be a waste of time as there is currently nothing available in my account to connect to. Can you, and anybody else please, advise if they had the same issue but that the account(s) to link to did later appear?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    edited December 2021
    Hello @lwj,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments and concerns in the Community, though I apologize that your issues persist. 

If you have no accounts coming up at all, even after you have enabled third-party access, you will need to contact Schwab to see why the accounts aren't being sent over or made available to Quicken.

Do let us know how this goes!

Quicken Alyssa

• bjterp00
    bjterp00 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue and had stated the same on another thread, with @lwj commented on (thanks for leading me over here). I just spoke to Schwab, and they are escalating on their end, but suggested that I need to get to Tier 2 support at Quicken to resolve it. But it seems above the Quicken moderator feels it is a Schwab issue (which feels right given its what's not showing up in a web window on the Schwab authorization site). @lwj did you ever get this sorted out?
  • g0
    g0 Member ✭✭
    Been following and attempting all the debug/resolution methods provided, but I do get one error message that is not listed in your symptom: After following all your corrective actions on the Add Account menu at Schwab I get the proper/expected Action: Link and path to the appropriate quiken register for two of three accounts. The third account shows "Don't add to Quicken." When I go through the exercise to add the 3rd account all the accounts now show as "Don't add to Quicken."
  • Hello @g0,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to add to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing issues while migrating your Schwab accounts. 

Can you tell me what type of account it is that is showing as "Don't add to Quicken"? Also, please make sure the account is deactivated in Quicken before you try to link it.

Looking forward to hearing your update on this. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Do let us know how this goes!
    Hi Alyssa,
    Schwab came back to me saying "According to our systems, you are enabled for third-party access. However, if it is not working for you, please try to Disable Third-Party Access and Re-Enable." [Done, several times!]
    "If you continue to have issues, please get in touch with Quicken and advise them that someone on their team will need to contact our Schwab team directly, this is to ensure they’re registered properly."
    Does this last bit make sense to you?
    (I have tried a clean install of Quicken, R37.37, and built a new file just with my Schwab account. I still can't connect to Schwab as described in the first two paragraphs at the start of this discussion.)
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Answer ✓
    @lwj,

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the Schwab representative that responded to you knew what Quicken even was. It looks like that may have been an email or chat communication with them, so I would suggest calling them and asking for someone in online banking. 

I wish I had a way of making the accounts visible but I do not. This definitely lies on the Schwab end, and only they can assist you with that. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken Alyssa

• lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > @lwj,
    > This definitely lies on the Schwab end, and only they can assist you with that. I apologize for the inconvenience. 
    Well thanks for the update. Yesterday Schwab told me that they had "switched off" the ability for my type of account to link to Quicken so my efforts through Quicken support etc. were a waste of time. I'm not impressed with Schwab for allowing this to happen without giving notice. And Quicken could have handled my problem much more efficiently; but at least you got there.
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa, I posted this message elsewhere to describe my experience...

FYI.. I have been downloading and trying new revisions as I find them. I do not understand their numbering system where the third set of digits toggle between 36 and 37?? Who knows.. for the record, I was running 27.1.36.?? when Schwab stopped working in mid-Nov. Between tech support and the Community boards, I have tested the following revisions beginning with 37.37 which was sent to me by Quicken Sarah on 7Dec. Since then, I have found every other day or so the following downloads which I installed and tested against Schwab, in order: 37.41, 37.42, 37.45, 36.54, 37.52, and I am currently at 36.56. Every one of these revisions delivers exactly the same result: one of two matching three number accounts not activated and intermittent missing/delayed transactions. I think it is significant that none of these revisions presents me with the customary linking dialog window where I am to specify which Schwab account corresponds with an existing Quicken account. All of these program builds present me with a "Return to Quicken" button which I click, resulting in 30 to 40 seconds of blinking screens (no linking dialog shows) and then... done... incorrectly. I'm thinking the matching account numbers sent back by Schwab may crash the linking dialog routine and the Quicken process just continues on ignoring one of the matching number accounts. Hard to tell what's going on, but they're pretty consistent. Hope they get less consistent soon.

After reading your reply above, I have contacted my rep at Schwab and asked him to check that my accounts are not "switched off". The Schwab site shows me a window confirming the three accts. I want to link to existing Quicken registers. But, when I click Return to Quicken I do not get the usual dialog used to specify which acct goes with which. I get this same result with all the revisions mentioned above. Any suggestions? Bert
  • lwj
    lwj Member ✭✭
    > @HJH Consult
    To clarify my problem. There are no accounts to link on my window at the Schwab site. It seemed pretty obvious to me that my accounts had ben "switched off" and eventually Schwab confirmed it.
This discussion has been closed.