Why no find and replace function on Quicken for Mac

Options
I recently discovered that monthly payments with the same category should have had two different payees but for some reason had recorded only one payee. Therefore I needed to change alternate payees on the register, This I could not do except by individually selecting alternate transactions. If I had been able to use find and replace function on individually selected transactions this would have been easy. Any suggestions please?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can replace the payee on a group of selected transaction. After selecting the transitions, click menu Find > Get Info. There you can input the new Payee and all will be changed when you click OK. This is not a full find-and-replace feature, but should work in this instance. Note that Get Info doesn't affect split lines in a split transaction. But since the Payee is not part of the split lines, that should not matter in this case.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can replace the payee on a group of selected transaction. After selecting the transitions, click menu Find > Get Info. There you can input the new Payee and all will be changed when you click OK. This is not a full find-and-replace feature, but should work in this instance. Note that Get Info doesn't affect split lines in a split transaction. But since the Payee is not part of the split lines, that should not matter in this case.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • haywardjon
    haywardjon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I wish I had known this an hour ago :'(
This discussion has been closed.