Duplicate transactions Barclay card

Hi- I have had duplicate transactions in my downloads from Barclay cards, but not for everything. I decided to start over and download 2021 as I thought I was doing something wrong. On a fresh download for the entire 2021 year I still have duplicates. Oddly my register balance and my online balance match. I am really confused. I did check the transactions online and there are no duplicates there.

Thank you for any help or insight as to what is happening.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gminz

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what connection method are you using? How long had this issue been occurring? Also, if you have not already please visit the link below for more information regarding duplicate transactions. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/duplicate-transactions-or-accounts-downloaded-quicken-mac

When you have a moment please elaborate so that we may provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • gminz
    gminz Member ✭✭
    Hi-
    I am connecting via direct connect. When I started over i downloaded the entire year in the QFX format.
    The duplicates started May 1 2021, but not on every transaction. On both charges and payment received.
  • gminz
    gminz Member ✭✭
    I also downloaded the csv file and it is right- I do not see any duplicates.
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited November 2021
    Hello @gminz

Thank you for your response. To get a better sense of the issue could you please add the column FITID, please?

To do first select the account in questions, next select Columns >FITID. A visual example is below. 

When you have a moment please add the FITID and let us know if the numbers are matching or if they are different. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • gminz
    gminz Member ✭✭
    Hi- They are different.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @gminz

Thank you for your response. To clarify if the FITIDs are different you would need to contact the financial institution since there has been a change or a discrepancy in the format of the file. If the IDs were the same/matching then it could be escalated on our end. Please refer to the screenshot below from the Help Article. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/duplicate-transactions-or-accounts-downloaded-quicken-mac

I would recommend contacting your bank's OFX/online team for further assistance. Let us know if you have any other errors or questions. 

-Quicken Paloma

This discussion has been closed.