Mondo Update 12/1/21 - R37.37 - issues

retird
retird Member ✭✭✭✭
Saw this Mondo Update that is supposed to fix some Schwab Issues.  Has anybody updated to this Mondo?  Any issues resolved or any issues created by the Mondo?  I hesitate to install anything Quicken at this time...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Comments

• My Quicken WILL NOT LAUNCH after update. I wouldn't.
  • A.BusDrvr
    A.BusDrvr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    > @QuicklyLosingPatienz said:
    > My Quicken WILL NOT LAUNCH after update. I wouldn't.

Quicken wouldn't open for me either after the "auto" update. I had to download the Mondo patch manually and install it. It seems to be working normally now. An interesting note is that when the Quicken Update Program box popped up it said "The version of Quicken installed on this computer is R1. The latest version is R37.37...." R1? Hmm. That was odd considering the patches are installed when I open the program for all the previous one.

I don't use Schwab so no data there.
  • isaaccheng8
    isaaccheng8 Member ✭✭
    The current R37.37 update rendered Quicken (Windows 10) useless because clicking on any account to attempt to open account register would hang Quicken forever. The only workaround is a time-consuming bare metal recovery of my PC. The update also turned on Simple Investing without my consent. This added to my cleanup effort after reverting my PC to the last good version of Quicken.

To Quicken management:
    Please only push security updates that are absolutely necessary. Please do not push Simple Investing or any modernization of the user interface in future updates. As paid Quicken subscribers, we want stability and reliability of the product. We do not want features that may put our data at risk.
  • dvhirst865
    dvhirst865 Member ✭✭
    The Mondo update process has a fault -- it does not properly handle MS Windows Account IDs that contain spaces. The work-around is to create a local admin account with an ID that does NOT contain any spaces and then use that account to do the update. I was able to run the R37.37 Mondo Update as of 2021 12 02 on two occasions on different Windows 10 Pro systems without issues and with a working app following the updates. DVH
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    isaaccheng8 said: The current R37.37 update rendered Quicken (Windows 10) useless because clicking on any account to attempt to open account register would hang Quicken forever. The only workaround is a time-consuming bare metal recovery of my PC.
    huh .... the Power button - or Ctrl-Alt-Del
    unless you just want to scrub Quicken from your system -
    and there is a set of instructions on how to perform that task

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.