Has anyone else received this message? Is it a hack?

Options
I received a message saying that I set up an account with this phone number 1 (415) 304-8586. It asked me to verify by clicking on a link.
https:/services.quicken.com/v/57499534199337718/1782973225/0

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have not received it and my view would be - RUN!!!!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously, what is the downside of ignoring this nonsense?  Are you going to be banned from using Quicken?  Can you think of ant reasonable explanation as to why you should call that - or any other phone number - on an unsolicited basis???

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    When I first heard of this about a month ago my initial thought was that it was a scam of some sort.  But one of the Quicken Moderators confirmed it was not and that it is legitimate.  This text message is sent to people who have unverified phone numbers listed in their Quicken.com accounts and what they want is response so they can change the status of that phone number to "verified."  The text message could have been more clear and this has been messaged back to the appropriate people at Quicken. You can read more about it from this Support Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.
    Note the telephone number that is included in the message is the number the text was sent from.  It varies from one person to another but they all come from area code 415 (San Francisco area).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.