Why can't Quicken accurately import bank transactions

When I download bank transactions, I receive false "Matches", duplicate downloads, sometimes 5-6 times bringing the same transaction into the file. I have to check every transaction that downloads. This is a serious pain! I've called Quicken. Twice. Absolutely zero help. No clue how to help!
Tagged:

Answers

• g.vink
    g.vink Member ✭✭
    HAD SAME PROBLEMS FOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS. MOST OF THEM NOW WORK AGAIN, EXCEPT FOR DISCOVER CREDIT CARD
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @markkogl & @g.vink,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markkogl
    markkogl Member ✭✭
    I validated and super-validated. Nothing changed. It's still downloading duplicates and matches incorrectly. For example, a fuel transaction for about $51 matched with an online transfer of $20. This fuel charge, like several like it, should have shown as a new transaction.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @markkogl

Thank you for your response although we apologize you are having this persisting issue. To better assist you could you please add the Download ID? 

For instructions and more information please visit the link below. 

When you have a moment please review the Help article and let us know! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • markkogl
    markkogl Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your input. My bank has no clue. They blame it on Quicken. Quicken phone help has no clue and refers me to my bank. I've used everything that's been suggested and I'm still receiving duplicate transaction downloads - 3, 4, even 5 times over. The duplicated transactions often download with with different transaction numbers. POS transactions come down with "S" type transaction numbers. ACH transactions come with POS numbers. I don't know what that means. Deposits are matched with purchases. Downloaded transactions are matched with cleared transactions, sometimes from a month ago. So, I've checked online at my bank to see they way they are recorded on my statement. They all appear listed/recorded correctly.

I even opened a new file in Quicken and started from scratch. No good. Same problems. Someone is doing something wrong. I doubt it's me, but if it is, tell me what to correct. I think it's the way the bank and Quicken interface.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @markkogl

Thank you for your response. Where are you able to see if the Downloaded IDs are the same or different? If they are the same then it is indeed an issue on our end, which can be escalated. However, if the Downloaded IDs are different then there is not a way we could fix that on our end, unfortunately. Having different IDs indicates that there has been a change or discrepancy in the file itself. 

Please check the Downloaded IDs and let us know so that we may be able to provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • markkogl
    markkogl Member ✭✭
    Here's another:

Date Check # Downloaded reference Downloaded ID Payee Memo Category Payment Clr Deposit Balance
    12/8/2021 POS POS861293514063671 Prime Video Entertainment 2.15 c

12/8/2021 POS801295235836868 Debit Purchase 1205 0010&@#PRIME Food & Dining:Restaurants 2.15 c
This discussion has been closed.