Making a new budget

Options
Flutes
Flutes Member ✭✭
I have tried making a new budget and only the expenses are listed. How do I get the income categories to be included?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Flutes,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your question. 

To add income categories to your budget, you will go to "Manage Budget Categories". (pictured below)

You will then get a window where you can choose the categories that you want to see in your budget. (pictured below)

Be sure that you choose the categories that you have used on your transactions, or your numbers will be off. 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about the budgets, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• Flutes
    Flutes Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It works now for some reason.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    @Flutes,

That's great news! 

Do let us know if you have any issues with it. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• maddylou11
    Options
    I still haven’t been able to get mine to work. Only display I get is where my income comes from.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flutes said:
    I have tried making a new budget and only the expenses are listed. How do I get the income categories to be included?

Are you trying to simply extend your budget into the next year or are you trying to create a new budget with new categories for this year and the future?
    To extend your budget into next year, using the same named budget table and the same categories, simply advance the budget view to the next month beyond December (click the ">" button next to "December 2021", as shown in the image provided in an earlier response). You will get prompted about extending the budget.
    (Of course, you could just wait until the first time you use Quicken in the next year and you will get prompted.)
  • Flutes
    Flutes Member ✭✭
    Options
    All is ok now, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.