Solution to Schwab Express Web Connect+ Download Problems Nov-Dec 2021

Options
I finally solved the download problems with my 8 Schwab accounts and 15,000 transactions. In my case I had a single data file, but 4 sets of Schwab credentials, including one for the Intelligent Portfolios account that insisted on using the same credentials as the normal login site. Also I had two portfolio accounts that had linked checking accounts - one of which started causing problems on download. The MAIN problem I had was an endless loop of re-authorizing accounts. Here is how I solved it:
(1) Absorb the linked checking accounts back into the Portfolio accounts - you can do this by unselecting a radio button in the account details for the portfolio account. That eliminated download warning messages and a super-validation error message.
(2) Make sure that no Schwab account number ever gets downloaded by two different sets of credentials, For instance, my wife and I generally have joint accounts but can only download IRA transactions using our own credentials. So in both the Quicken re-authorize account setup AND in the Schwab website Security Center->Quicken section for every account we make sure that ONLY ONE OF US attempts to download a particular joint account's transactions. Similarly, for the Schwab Intelligent Portfolio account (even though it uses the same credentials as the main joint account) we had to let the I.P. account download its own transactions ONLY, and make sure that the two other joint users did not try to download those transactions.
After all of this I only had a few dozen duplicate transactions, which was nice.
Once fixed, the download times became much faster and I no longer got any errors when I super-validated the 180MB Quicken data file (23 years of data).
I hope this information helps some people - good luck!

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, what happened to the Linked cash account....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The transactions from the linked checking account get absorbed into the register of the portfolio account - they are not lost. The linked checking accounts are the old way of doing things. I then reconciled the portfolio register (easy) and was done. Quicken automatically deleted the linked checking account. But you don't need to do any of this unless you are having a problem with the linked account. I'm seeing further instability in QW 36.45 - had 2 crashes tonight.
This discussion has been closed.