Schwab Accounts--Constant Reconnection Requests

Every time I download my account transactions, I am asked to reconnect to my Charles Schwab accounts. No matter how many times I reconnect these accounts, I am always asked to reconnect them again. This is becoming painful and this issue needs to be resolved.

Comments

• I have been having the same problem for weeks. Does anyone from Quicken monitor this and have any advice?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard Kennedy & @mikewcohn

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

The persistent prompt to reconnect the accounts stems from a Schwab account still showing as connected to the old "ZZZ Charles Schwab" financial institution option.

If you haven't already, please check for any older, possibly hidden Schwab accounts that show connected to the "ZZZ Charles Schwab" option.  If any are found, please disable the connection and either reactivate them through the new Charles Schwab & Co., option in the financial institution list or leave as deactivated if it's a closed/no longer used account.

This should stop the prompt to reconnect the accounts from reappearing, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah

• drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    I've been having this problem for quite some time and Quicken Sarah's comment actually helped. For me, it was "hidden" accounts that I've long since closed with Schwab but hold due to transactional history.

I'm posting this because knowing this will hopefully help people with the issue!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drumsdb

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.  I'm glad to hear that this helped and you were able to find a hidden account that was still connected :)

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.