Since the last update Bills and Income locks up Quicken

Since the last update installed anytime I do anything on the Bills and Income tab, I have to use Task Manager in Windows to shut Quicken down. What's up with that?

Comments

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I would do is reinstall Quicken using the mondo patch found here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to do a data file verification.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Ken256
    Ken256 Member ✭✭
    I have validated the data file. There were no major errors. But now I can't even get to the Bills and Income tab. I now understand that this maybe an issue with Windows 11. I "upgraded" to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. Now when I click on the Bills and Income tab, i get a spinning cursor. When I click again I get a message that asks if I want to shut down the program or wait. When I click again it says that the error is being reported to Microsoft. Baffling not sure if I should resinstall Quicken or try to back out of Windows 11.
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would go ahead and reinstall Quicken via the mondo patch. It could be a coincidence or the upgrade to Windows 11 may have damaged one of Quicken's files. In either case, I would reinstall Quicken.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Ken256
    Ken256 Member ✭✭
    Reinstalling Quicken solved the issue. Thank you for the recommendation.
This discussion has been closed.