Schwab Accounts require updated access every update

beachdweller
beachdweller Member ✭✭
My Schwab account logins require renewed authorization of access to the account every time I run a One Step Update. What can I do to prevent this? I have access set the way it should be, so no changes are needed.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @beachdweller

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your question! I apologize for the trouble this has been causing you.

If I am understanding you correctly, Quicken prompts you to Authorize and Re-link your account(s) with Schwab every time you perform a One-Step Update?

This loop is a known issue and is typically caused by a Schwab account that is still connected under the “old" connection method - the program recognizes the old instance of Schwab (typically zzzCharles Schwab and Co., Inc), and when you update, prompts you to "Authorize" that account to get it over to the new connection method even if it is old, closed, or no longer used.

Please check to see if you have any hidden, unused, or separate accounts that are still connected to Schwab through the old method. We will want to completely disconnect every Schwab account other than your current account(s) that you are/have been authorizing. You can do this through Tools > Account List > Edit account details > Online Services. Once this is completed and there are no longer any accounts still on the old connection method, please attempt a One-Step Update. You should no longer be prompted to authorize Schwab.

I hope this helps! If it does not, please reach back out and let us know.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.