Cannot download recent transactions from most accounts

Options
Hello, I am getting no error message, but when I do one step update, or update just a single account, no new transactions are coming down since 11/19, nor is the online balance being updated. I updated one of the passwords for one of the accounts, but nothing was different - Quicken acknowledges that all the passwords are correct and working fine, but 0 new transactions. Two of my accounts update just fine up to the present day. The other 15 accounts or so are not downloading.

Where should I start?

Thank you,
Jared

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @thewellbus,

How are you connecting to Quicken for downloading purposes and have you recently changed that?  If so, that could be causing this problem because even though it appears to make a connection, it likely is not.  To fix this, I suggest that you sign out of Quicken and then sign back in to reset the connection.  Here are the steps to take:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Click on "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts";
    3) Click on "Sign in as a different user";
    4) On the next screen - type in "yes" and then click the "Sign Out" button;
    5) Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password.

Once you finish the above steps; close out of the Quicken app and reopen.  Then try to downloads.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI @Jim32,

I didn't mention this is the solution that I posted above because the potential risk of doing that procedure and losing data as a result is virtually zero.  However, I would suggest that you make a backup of your data file first and then try the steps I outlined.  If you were to lose data - you would just need to restore the backup.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @thewellbus

Can you give us some additional information which may help us to help you?  Which financial institutions are having this problem, which types of accounts (banking, credit card, investments, etc.)? which download methods (direct connect, express web connect, etc.)?  Have you tried downloading from the register for each of them - if so what happens?

The more info you provide, the better chance we can help.

Frankx 

• thewellbus
    Options
    Yes, thank you for asking me to provide more info.

The accounts that are working are my American Express accounts. Other credit cards, bank accounts, and three Paypal accounts are not working. I'm not using any investment features on Quicken. The accounts used to connect via Express Web Connect, and that's what I'm trying to do. I haven't changed my passwords in Quicken or on the accounts since it last worked.

Here is a screenshot (with personal information removed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj4wx4y40s5qqjm/screenshots%20for%20Quicken%20support.jpg?dl=0

One of my Paypal accounts has a 2FA that Quicken normally handles, but today instead it went into an endless loop of offering me to send a code to my phone, but a code would never send, and the form never asked for it to be submitted after pressing okay. It just kept asking me to let it send a code. To end the loop, I simply cancelled that to let the other accounts download. That may be related, so I mentioned it.

I'm using version R36.48 on Windows 10.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @thewellbus,

How are you connecting to Quicken for downloading purposes and have you recently changed that?  If so, that could be causing this problem because even though it appears to make a connection, it likely is not.  To fix this, I suggest that you sign out of Quicken and then sign back in to reset the connection.  Here are the steps to take:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Click on "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts";
    3) Click on "Sign in as a different user";
    4) On the next screen - type in "yes" and then click the "Sign Out" button;
    5) Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password.

Once you finish the above steps; close out of the Quicken app and reopen.  Then try to downloads.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

• thewellbus
    Options
    Frankx, thank you for your suggestion - that led to a solution.

No, I have not changed my method of connecting to download transactions. I'm not sure which method I've been using (just "One Step Update"), but I disconnected my account and restarted everything. Then I started a download, and most of the accounts had errors. I fixed them using the troubleshooter, entering all the passwords, and then that proceeded to put me into some kind of loop. It said it was fixed, but then showed the "NO" icon error next to the account name on the left side. So I clicked those and re-entered all passwords, and that didn't fix it either. So, clicking on each account individually and updating the account from within that space seemed to do it. I think it's stable now (after hours of entering passwords and 2FA codes while my phone is charging away from my computer...).

Quicken has downloaded all of my recent transactions (I think). This part looks good now.

I've got two more remaining errors that I'll bring to this platform, one at a time slowly. After these are done, I will feel like I am set up and can begin using Quicken to give reliable reports. (I purchased in July, but my tight schedule doesn't give me much bandwidth to fix issues).

Thank you!
  • Jim32
    Jim32 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx I have the same problem above. Curious what do I lose once I do the sign-out? The page is a mile long with everything that will disconnect. It's the week before X-mas so I don't have the time to spend reconciling everything that gets lost once I sign out. It sounds like the right solution, but as you can tell, I'm hesitant.

The workaround I currently have in place is to individually update the credit union accounts and AMEX. Chase and Citi will not update - get a HTTP-400 error. I'm not convinced a sign-out/sign-in will fix these issues so not willing to risk losing data and connections when in the end it won't really solve the problem.

Thoughts?

I'm on 36.54 and One Step Update stopped working immediately after the download of this version.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI @Jim32,

I didn't mention this is the solution that I posted above because the potential risk of doing that procedure and losing data as a result is virtually zero.  However, I would suggest that you make a backup of your data file first and then try the steps I outlined.  If you were to lose data - you would just need to restore the backup.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Jim32
    Jim32 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Frankx It worked as you described which had no connection loss or data loss. I also upgraded to R34.56 and was forced to change my password in Quicken community which seemed to be part of the problem with my quicken ID. So far, so good. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.