I can't find the "Corporate Spin Off" in Transactions. Is that not available in the Mac?

Options
RFC
RFC Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I can't find the "Corporate Spin Off" in Transactions. Is that not available in the Mac?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Sadly, no.  :'(

Please take a few seconds to visit the Idea post (feature enhancement request) in this thread and add your vote for this important functionality. (Scroll down a little to find the yellow box under the first post; under the vote counter, click the little black arrow to add your vote.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RFC
    RFC Member
    Options
    Thanks. I found that thread through another post. Will definitely add my vote. Shame the Mac version does not get the same development efforts as the Win version.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @RFC Having used the current Quicken Mac since it was first introduced 7 years ago, I can state confidently that a lot of new functionality gets added to Quicken year by year. Unfortunately, the list of desired features far outstrips the speed at which the development team can build them.

I feel like this is one of those features which will inevitably be added to Quicken Mac in the future -- it's a pretty basic omission for a program which tracks investment portfolios -- but I'm less optimistic about how quickly we'll see it because I know how many other feature requests this is competing against for the developers' time. That's where amassing more votes for an Idea post can sometimes help move the needle to get one feature moved ahead of others. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.