CC501 & CC-800 errors for Santander Bank US - Business download

G.2
G.2 Member ✭✭
For the past several days I have been getting a CC-501 error when trying to download transactions from Santander Bank US - Business. The account has worked fine for years, and nothing has changed with the setup in Quicken. I logged in to the bank's website and saw several notifications saying I was using "the new site".

As a test to see if I could connect to the "new" site, I created a new quicken file and tried to add the account, but again got the CC-501 error. And now using my original file results in CC-800, 'it appears one or more accounts at Santander Bank US - Business have been deleted.

On hold for over 30 min waiting for support to answer... anyone have a suggestion?
Tagged:

Comments

  • 4my
    4my Member
    Same thing here. I've been getting CC-800 errors with Santander Bank for several days. I click the "fix it" button in the "Needs Your Attention" box, and the fix works until the next update. I tried Quicken's recommended solution of disabling the accounts and then re-adding them. It didn't work. And I don't want to spend the time now to take their next recommended step, which is to call Customer Service.
  • 4my
    4my Member
    Following up on yesterday's message: I did an online chat about the issue. Was directed to try this supposed fix AGAIN: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800#section-1 . It didn't work. Was directed to use a back-up that didn't have the error message. I only keep a few backups, I didn't know if they also had the error, and I didn't want to lose all the work I had done since then. NOW, I still get the CC-800 error on two accounts with Santander, BUT it does update all the data, so the accounts are current.
  • G.2
    G.2 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I tried the "fix account" option, and like you it only cleared the error until I tried to do an update and then the error reappeared. So the "fix" basically didn't do anything.

    Played around for a while, and eventually disabled the online services for the account and then added a "new account" and linked it to the existing account. The opening balance somehow get messed up, but the account updated without any errors. I fixed the balance and now it seems to work.

    As an aside, and this I hope is picked up by a Quicken person, one of the reasons I am always reluctant to contact support (ignoring the wait time) is that they very often end up offering what I consider unacceptable solutions as they did to you; "use a back-up that didn't have the error message". Exactly as you point out, one looses all of the work done in the interim. The whole point of Quicken is to have an up-to-date picture of financial activity including history, not to try and reconstruct it as you go....
  • 4my
    4my Member
    Finally resolved! Spent 90 minutes on the phone with customer support. Turns out I caused the problem by restoring a backup from a flash drive instead of the hard drive. Had to delete the two accounts where the cc-800 error occurred, and then re-add them.
  • G.2
    G.2 Member ✭✭
    I don't see how restoring from a flash drive as opposed to a hard drive could be the source of the problem unless the file that you were restoring wasn't the same in both cases. A file is a file, so restoring from a flash drive should be no different than restoring from a hard drive. If that's not right I'd be interested in knowing why.

    You say that you had to delete the accounts and re-add, which is what I had to do as well; it sounds to me as though something got messed up with the Quicken servers and things had to be re-initialized.

    Glad we're both back working...
  • 4my
    4my Member
    I spoke too fast. After several days of error-free updating, the dreaded CC-800 error appeared today. This time, it was the same file that had worked for days. Still, I went through the motions of all the "fixes" that had been tried with customer support. I even deleted and added back the accounts. No luck. What's interesting is that the accounts say they've been updated, even though I get the CC-800 message. I don't have the mental energy to deal with this anymore, so I'm leaving it be for now. As for restoring files from a flash drive, I was gently berated for that, as in "everyone knows you're only supposed to restore from a hard drive."
  • G.2
    G.2 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Sorry to hear that - I'm also experiencing problems again. No error messages, but no new transactions have been downloaded since I deleted and re-added the account almost a week ago.
    I'm convinced that the problem is that Santander modified their website and Quicken (the app, the server, something) is no longer able to correctly connect to the site and download the data.
    But course is you contact support, they will focus their effort (and spend all of your time) on debugging you file. And FWIW, regarding not being able to restore from a flash I still don't buy it... wishing us both luck with this.
This discussion has been closed.