Quicken keeps telling me share count is wrong when it is not

TPerk
TPerk Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
After D/L from Schwab, this window pops up. It's incorrect because my Q accounts reconcile with Schwab's to the penny. The "shares reported" numbers are wrong. How do I get rid of this? I've already gone line by line and told it to ignore but the window comes back after the next D/L.

Thanks much!
Tom P In Sunny Virginia Beach, Va
Q Win Premier Sub

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you uncheck the account in the Compare Portfolio window: select Edit > Preferences...

• TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Thank You. I've done this. Mine were checked to compare. Will see what happens the next time Schwab D/Ls some transactions
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The share count will be off until the next time you download or do - Account Register --> Gear --> Reconcile Shares
    It appears the Quicken compares what it HAD with what the brokerage download is currently saying you HAVE.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > The share count will be off until the next time you download or do - Account Register --> Gear --> Reconcile SharesIt appears the Quicken compares what it HAD with what the brokerage download is currently saying you HAVE.

Thanks! I did gear, reconcile shares and the very same window popped up. If I click details on one line this window comes up. What do I do to straighten this out?
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, Quicken is not telling you the share count is wrong.  Quicken is saying that Schwab is reporting the share count at 223.  Until that is corrected, there is nothing you can do other than ignore the report.

Is Schwab really telling Quicken you have 223 shares? 

With this new communication path from Schwab to Quicken, I don't know if Schwab is reporting (sending) the wrong information, is sending the right information in the wrong format, or if Quicken is misreading or misunderstanding the information Schwab is sending.  Until those two sort that stuff out, I don't see much the user can actively do.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the actual current shares on the Schwab website? 
    If actually 223, Looks like you are missing some transactions…. Compare website history to Quicken register. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Schwab and Q say I have 21 shares. In the process I discovered many other differences between schwab's share count and quicken's. not sure what to do now. think I might wait until when / if Sch and Q get it together.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I am having similar mismatch errors. After the Quicken / Schwab transition to EWC+, I started getting Securities Comparison Mismatch for a few holdings, specifically individual bonds. Schwab downloads report an incorrect amount of shares, whereas the Quicken amount and the amount on the Schwab website (and my statements) are in sync. I have been ignoring the mismatches and waiting for it to be sorted out.
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I just went through numerous Q Schwab accounts and adjusted many shares and cash balances to match Schwab. All accounts now reconcile to the penny. Changes don"t really matter because they are all IRAs. I then did an update to see if anything would change and it did not. Still getting the secuities comparison mismatch. Shares Reported is accurate. Shares reported in Quicken is not. Quicken reports all show the Shares Reported number. So it SEEMS that things are working, even though I get this mismatch report. We'll see what happens when there are transactions to D/L.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well...Schwab rebalanced and D/L transactions Forget the Discrepancy window. Q share acount in Register / Reports is wrong, compared to Schwab. No point in making adjustments again. [Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines]
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this problem is supposedly fixed?

Whenever Schwab downloads transactions, the quicken shares do not match the Schwab shares for those securities that have been updated. The Q & Sch share counts matched and were correct before the download.
    Q Win Premier Sub
This discussion has been closed.