Adding a Business Expense Category

Options
jdombeck
jdombeck Member ✭✭
In the Category List when I choose new category and specify an expense, it automatically gets added to the Personal Expenses group. However I would like to add a new expense category to the Business Expenses group. I cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone assist me? Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All Business categories must be linked to a Schedule C or Schedule E tax line item for them to be in the Business Expenses Group.  Once you link a Schedule C or E tax line item to that category, you'll see the group changed.  
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All Business categories must be linked to a Schedule C or Schedule E tax line item for them to be in the Business Expenses Group.  Once you link a Schedule C or E tax line item to that category, you'll see the group changed.  
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jdombeck
    jdombeck Member ✭✭
    Options
    This worked like a charm, thanks to you both!
This discussion has been closed.