start over in 2022

Neil D
Neil D Member
I have not entered my financial info in Quicken for 18 months. My balances do not match. How can I start over fresh on January 1, 2022

Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    FILE > NEW if you want a completely clean start.

Otherwise delete all banks and financial institutions if you want to keep your category structure.  Make sure you de-activate all of them from downloads first.  
  • Neil D
    Neil D Member
    Thanks, Gary. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I want to make a completely clean start. I still have the same bank accounts and credit cards. I'd like to keep the records from the past. I'm not sure what you mean about "category structure".
  • Neil D
    Neil D Member
    So I can just keep the previous account as a record, and start new with re-entering the banks, etc??
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    By "category structure" I mean if you changed or added any categories or subcategories, starting a brand new file will not bring those categories over.  Starting a new file will give you a clean slate starting you from square one in Quicken.

If you want to maintain any history or previous info you entered, you don't want to start a new file.  

If you want to keep the PREVIOUS account as a record only, I suggest you deactivate the account from downloads, change the name to BANK-OLD and mark the account Separate or Closed...then add the accounts as new (with slightly different names).  
This discussion has been closed.