Chase now insists on sending me a code each time it downloads

SRC1954
SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
This started about 7-10 days ago. I don't have to do this in Simplifi or MoneyWiz. I have gone to the Web site, and it no longer says it is connected to Quicken as it used to. Also, I have no choice but Quicken Connect. I cannot do Direct Connect. I even disconnected and reconnected but no go. I have tried both Amazon Visa and Chase. They work the same.

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is this for the Amazon Visa Chase credit card? If so, I have mine set up on Direct Connect and it works great. Bank name is "Chase". I show Direct Connect still available setting up a new account for "Chase". (Click the Options button during setup.) Are you saying that DC is not available, or you don't want to use it for some reason?

I would try: 
    1. Disconnect downloads for ALL accounts with Chase. Make sure to check for any hidden or separate accounts.
    2. Go to Chase's website and authorize Quicken. You can find the page by typing Quicken in the search box, or use this URL: chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/profile/desktopApps/requestFinancialSoftwareAccess
    3. Then go back an re-connect the Chase account(s) using Direct Connect.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. It is not showing up on the website. It says I don't have any software with access but when I search Quicken, it says I do. I guess I have to call the Bank. I'll post my results.

Steve

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Well, I think I got it fixed. I am not sure it was broken. I talked to Chase and the nice lady re-added Quicken. Confusingly, it doesn't show Quicken in the section that says "Apps linked to Chase". It shows that I used to have Intuit Mint but it's inactive. It still didn't show up, but I kept disconnecting and re-adding Chase. It continued asking to send me a code. Finally, almost in desperation I clicked on a button that said optons. It was brown and not blue so I initially ignored it thinking it was inoperable. Anyhow, I was able to do direct connect then and it apparently works. Having switched to the Mac version 3 years ago, I can tell you it is not as intuitive fiddling with settings as it was with Windows, or maybe I am still behind the curve.

Steve

• RickO
    Glad you got it corrected. Yup, that gray Options button catches a lot of people.
  • Marcifer
    Marcifer Member
    I checked with Chase, and my account is authorized to download to Quicken - yet I still get the request for a code every time I update online accounts.
  • RickO
    @Marcifer Are you using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect? If the former, see above.

This discussion has been closed.